Monday, January 26, 2009

wish list

list of things I have been wishing I had for a while now

-watch battery
-perky boobs
-degree
-patience
-DISHWASHER
-while we are in the appliance department I can add: new stove, refrigerator, microwave
(my fridge and microwave are in competition to see who can die first)
-more hair clients (to make some extra money, and I miss doing hair)
-more energy (I always have so much i want to do, but i run out of energy)
-garage, the mud is no fun and I feel bad for Jason at 3:40 in the morning scrapping the snow and ice off the car.
-lamps for my living room
-new camera (I'm sure Jason is sick of hearing about it)
-teachers for the primary
-sewing machine
-a place to put a sewing machine
-vacation for Jason, he hasn't been on vacation for five years! He sent me to Hawaii in the fall of 2006, I know.... I know.
- also would like to have more knowledge with computers. haven't taken a computer class since I think my sophomore year.
-printer so I can better fulfill my calling.
-better relationships with my siblings

I have a very long list and there are definitely more things i could think of, but these are the main ones i have been thinking about lately. January is a hard month for me....I feel a lot of guilt. a lot of the things on my list would help relieve some of my guilt. If I had a dishwasher perhaps I would spend less time at the sink and more time on the kids bedroom floor. If I had a printer I wouldn't have to make everyone else pick up my slack. If I had more hair clients I could take some weight of Jason's shoulders. The rest of the stuff is just me getting caught up in the world and thinking I need more.

I am really grateful for all the things we do have:
- our house
- our vehicles
- our wonderful healthy kids
- Jason and I and our relationship that continues to get better and grow all the time
- Jason's jobs
- our families and the relationships we have with them
- our good friends
- my calling
- the gospel
- the ability to do hair to make some extra money
- the ability to stay home with my kids
and much much more

3 comments:

Erica Williams said...

Cute new look on the blog! I don't think I know what your calling is. Are you in the primary? I think your list sounds reasonable :)

Toni said...

Hey! We hopefully the camera will pay for itself 10 times, then you wont really need more hair clients! I got your book yesterday! I am excited to read it, thanks! If your interested I found a website that sells cameras for way cheap, they take the returned or broken ones, fix them and sell them again (with a 3 year guarantee) I just bought a new one from them and its been great! Plus it was about 200 dollars cheaper, love you

Toni said...

Ok the website is eComElectronics.com and everything comes with like a 90 day warranty but I paid like 40$ or something for a 3 year. You will just have to check it out. No I don't have 2 cameras, I sold my first one and upgraded. I just got a Canon Rebel xsi. And so far so good! (p.s. I got a cheaper camera for my first camera just to make sure I loved taking pictures and to kinda learn on, then when I felt like it was time I sold it for almost what I paid for it, because it was so new, and upgraded. If you dont have alot to spend right at first you could think about doing this)