Monday, September 8, 2008

preschool



last tuesday was mickeys first day of preschool. he was such a big boy. he was excited to wear his new batman backpack and to go by himself to preschool. I missed him when he was gone, but it was nice to have time alone with Dahlia. two hours later we went to pick him up. we told him we missed him and he said," i missed you mom."

then on thursday mickeys second day of preschool. he said he didnt want to go but I took him anyway and he cried, and screamed. I didnt know what to do so the teacher told me she would just take him and that he would calm down. I didnt really think he would, but I let her take him and I walked around the corner so that he couldnt see me. but he screamed and screamed and screamed. it was so sad. finally i went back in and stayed with him while Miss Kris read a story to the kids, he did better but was not about to stay by himself. so we came home.

Jason told him that if he wasnt going to go to preschool that he didnt need a back pack and that we would have to take it back. I told him after preschool on tuesday i would take him to Mc Donalds. so he is planning on going. we will see. wish me luck and say a little prayer that I will know how to deal with the situation, also any advice is welcomed and wanted.

4 comments:

Myers Family said...

Oh my goodness Holl! I can't believe you have a kid old enough to be in preschool! Your kids are both adoreable!!! I think I need to get some kids, maybe that will finally make me feel grown up! Everyone else is doing it :), except Lena! You look great, and I'm so excited to keep up with you on your blog! I love blogs for that reason! Take Care!

Holly and Steve said...

He looks so big now! We'll pray that he goes today! Tell him hi for us and we love him. Oh and tell him I love his back pack! He looks like a stud!

Erica Williams said...

Love the hoodie! Okay, here is advice from someone who has had the same experience (with Jack). You've gotta be tough. Leave him there bawling and go home. Don't listen to him crying because then you get upset. Walk away and he will learn to love it there. Promise. Your mom has experience with preschool. What does she say?

Toni said...

Do what your doing, bribe them with food! ha, it would make me go! No really I have no clue, but he looks so cute in his back pack that he must keep going! good luck!