Sunday, May 11, 2008

mothers day!




Here is a little tribute to the mothers in my life. I have the best mom ever! and the best mother in law ever! they both do so much for me and my family. i am so grateful to both for being strong and going to church by themselves while they were young. If not for that I don't know where I would be today. We celebrated mothers day with my family on Friday before Amy and Kyle and David went to Philadelphia for the summer. We had a BBQ on our new patio and watched the Jazz game. Today we went to Jason's grandpas house on his moms side. mickey thinks his name is Grandpa Noodle but it is really newell. We had a BBQ with them as well and then stopped by my Grandmas house in salt lake on the way home. She is a fun lady to visit with I cant believe how many interests we have in common.


As you may or may not know my Mom is quite handy with the sewing machine. She made a very cute pink and green car seat cover for Dahlia and also made her beautiful blessing dress, not to mention the baby blankets she helped me make, well I should say I helped her make. I admire my mom for being so good at sewing, and cooking, I can always count on a good meal at her house and a delicious dessert. Whenever she comes over to my house she just rolls her sleeves up and gets to work helping me with whatever cleaning needs to be done which is usually dishes. This spring she just graduated from the usu Brigham city campus with her associates degree and is only about a year away from getting her bachelors.


My mother law (Kaylene) is an amazing woman, she will do anything for any of her children. she will drop what she is doing to help them with their needs. She always makes us feel welcome when we come and dump our junk all over her house and stay for the weekend. She feeds us and takes care of our kids when we visit. We all look forward to her holiday packages she sends us in the mail. I am so thankful to her for being Jason's mom and for doing such a wonderful job with him, training him for me. I am the one who benefits from all her hard work.

1 comment:

Toni said...

Hollee! What are you up to? Happy Mothers day on sunday! did you do anything fun?