Monday, January 25, 2010


Yesterday I went to church by myself. Jason has been sick and both kids were a bit booger faced. It was so nice to be able to sit and listen to the speakers.
One of the talks got me thinking.........He was telling about how the temple is the best place to feel the Holy Ghost. He told about the first time he went through the temple. He said he was so nervous and anxious. He wondered how people could say the first time was so spiritual, when you have to worry about doing everything right and so on.
Then he told about the going into the celestial room and the feeling he felt in there, how strong the Spirit was in there. He talked about his beautiful wife in white and how happy and young she looked, it was so sweet.
What does this have to do with me? I started thinking of my first time through, lots of things come to mind, but the thing that got me while listening to Bro. Clayburn was how Happy I was to see My family (parents, and grandparents) All dressed in white, smiling at me, the one person who stands out the most Is my Grandpa Huddleston. He looked so clean, and ..............happy and good! I am glad I was able to have that experience and have that memory of him.
There is nothing like being in such a holy place with your family!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing these thoughts. I love the Temple. I remember the first time I went through. I remember feeling like I just entered heaven and it was so overwhelming how much joy I felt when I saw my loved ones there in heaven with me. Clean and happy. That's what you want for everyone you love.

The Chick Family said...

my first time was very similar. i was so nervous that it was hard to feel the spirit but i was so excited at the same time. But when i enter the celestrial room and saw my parents, cris, and his father all standing there together with smiles on their faces as they greeted me; all my nervous feelings went away. it was such a great reflection of what the next life will be like, having all my family standing on the other side of the veil waiting to welcome me home. wow, this is starting to make me cry. wasnt expecting that :)