Tuesday, November 18, 2008

headaches and blessings

this is our new water heater. that we HAD to get.



last weekend we went to salt lake to finish up a huge painting project, we came home sunday morning to get ready for and go to church, I was still out in the car in front of out house when I heard it.... and at first I thought the battery in our smoke detector had gone out. you know that annoying beep.....beep.....beep, really loud? by the time i got the kids and came in the house Jason had found where the noise was coming from. It was this little gadget here.


It is a Carbon monoxide alarm, and i highly recomend everyone get one and if you do have one make sure the batteries work. It saved my life and my families life. we would have not known there was any problem at all with out it. so we called the gas co. and they said they would send some one over asap, but i did not feel comfortable staying in the house and especially did not want the kids in it. so we left jason there with all the windows open to wait, for what turned out to be an hour, for the "gas man" his little detector gadget thing shows the levels of co2, the highest level being 4000. with all the windows open the level was still 4000 in our house. he said it was the coming from the water heater, ours was twelve years old and had some corrosion so the co2 was leaking instead of going out the top pipe thing. he told us to have a plumber come look at it, so i called a guy in our ward i had only met once who is a plumber to come look at it, he came that day after church and said he could get us a new one for a really good price.
My parents just replaced their water heater too, and they installed it themselves and it still cost them about twice as much as ours did and this guy installed it for us too! what a great guy!


this is mickey and Dahlia playing in the box tghat our new dryer came in while dad was installing it, they were laughing and giggling. it was there house.



thats right we got a bran spanking new dryer! our old one that we bought of the side of the road a year and a half ago finally went out, thank heavens, it was ruining our garments.


Oh yeah we got a new washer to go with it, front load, so it is more energy efficient, I am now a little green! these can be stacked to wich we hope to do in the future, I want to eventually redo my laundry room, to make the space in there more useful.



6 comments:

Jana said...

Oh my gosh!! Thank goodness you had that detector! Now we need to get one. I love your new washer and dryer! That's so awesome that they can be stacked!

Ashley said...

that is scary! I had no idea water heaters could even do that. And I love the new washer and dryer, I would love to have those someday.

Toni said...

Holy Cow Hollee! Thank goodness your safe, that is nuts. I love the new washer and dryer! Very fun - how pathetic is it that we think these things are fun, but they are! How are you? Have not talked to you in forever. Hope your doing good!

Erica Williams said...

Wow Hollee! I'm so glad that everyone is okay. How do you like the front loaders? I LOVE mine. You probably know this, but in case you didn't, there is a government rebate thing that you can get from purchasing an energy effecient washer/dryer. If you need more info, I can ask Chad. Love you.

Jenny said...

I'm so glad you guys had a detector! That is scary stuff!

Congrats on the washer and stuff!

Myers Family said...

What a blessing you had that detector and you are all safe! How scary! I love your washer and dryer!