Wednesday, June 17, 2009

as of tonight....

K here is the plan.
As most of you know Jason has been going to school on and off the entire time I have known him. Most people either wait until they are done with school to get married or wait till they are done with school to have children......we did not........ so here we are still struggling to get through school.
Jason has found a two year program at SLCC that he is interested in. It is the OTA program (occupational therapist assistant). right now he is working on two of the pre rec. classes he needs to be excepted into th program. He has to pass the classes with at least a B, so we are working very hard every night. Summer classes are very compact. They cover a lot of info in a short amount of time. The program only starts each fall semester and is full time. (8am-3 or 4pm, mon-thurs).
what about work?..... well the plan is to sell our home next spring/summer and move in with very kind and gracious, Mom and Dad Torgerson, into their basement. I will work in the evenings and weekends, and Jason will have the summers off to make some money.
This is our plan as of now. it is a year away so there are many factors that could happen to change our plan, but if all goes well (and we pray that they will) we will be living in the salt lake valley next fall, and THE BEST PART Jason wont have to clean poopers for a living anymore! He has for years just to support his family and make us all happy and comfortable, he has put his life on hold for us, and for that I am very grateful! For that reason he is MY super hero, my MAN, my LOVE. thanks Jason for all you do for us, I know it isnt easy AT ALL. I love you and admire you soooo much, sorry I dont always show it.
ANYWAY BACK TO THE BLOG, just wanted everyone to know our plan it's easier then explaining it twenty times. Oh and if anyone knows a occupational therapist or OTA let us know Jason has to job shadow three of them this summer!

6 comments:

Holly and Steve said...

That's awesome! I'm glad he found something he is interested in. I can't wait to see you guys!!!

Erica Williams said...

I love your plan. I can't wait for you to move down here and be our neighbors. It will be so fun! Oh, and I totally forgot that you borrowed my pearls :) In all fairness it was late at night and you are right, I do have baby brain!

Jana said...

Kaylene told me about your plan last week, and I think it sounds great! Caden saw an OT for a year for his arm and for the last 6 months of that year we had our visits every week. So I got to know her very well, so Jason could shadow her if you came down here! ;) j/k Anyways she was awesome and she was the only OT in the state that specialized in Herb's palsy so we were lucky to have her. It sounds like such an interesting career, I bet Jason will do very well at it!

Oh I'm sad we didn't get to see you guys last week! Hopefully next time!

Toni said...

Awesome! Go for it! Tell him, I think he is great and good luck! Love you, and miss you.

Brittany Crane said...

I think it is great that you guys didn't wait to start your family. So many people have excuses after excuses. I can't imagine us being as happy as we are if we didn't have Hallie. I'm sure you feel the same way with your two. Although it's hard at times!!

Good luck with Jason going to school and you working nights. IF you are in Salt Lake we will have to catch up one time I'm in Utah. When are you moving? Fall?

Jenny said...

Good luck with everything!